THE GROUNDS GUYS® “Are You Joe?” CONTEST
Contest Rules and Regulations
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: The Grounds Guys LLC, 1010 North University Parks Drive, Waco, Texas, 76707 Prize Details: The Grand Prizewinner will receive a gift certificate in the amount of $1,000 towards a vacation destination (by air, land or sea) of the Prizewinner’s choice and valid only through redemption by Allen Samuels House of Travel® in Waco, TX. Allen Samuels House of Travel® can be reached by phone at (254) 776-2560 or online at their website http://www.houseoftravelwaco.com/. The certificate may not be exchanged, in whole or in part, for its cash equivalent. The Grand Prizewinner must contact Allen Samuels House of Travel® for travel accommodations.
Two (2) runner-up Prizewinners will each receive one (1) prize package having nominal value from The Grounds Guys LLCas well as the opportunity to participate in a 30 minute business consultation conducted over the phone with a member of THE DWYER GROUP®. During the consultation, Prizewinners will be able to ask questions regarding best practices utilized by THE DWYER GROUP® and listen to new opportunities for business expansion and growth. No prizes may be exchanged for its cash equivalent.
Contest Instructions and Prize Eligibility: Only persons residing in the United States who are at least 21 years of age may enter.
Promotion Period: Contest entries will only be considered eligible if submitted between October 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) through October 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Contest voting will begin on November 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM (EDT) and end on November 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM (EDT).The final selection of the Grand Prizewinner and the two (2) runner-up Prizewinners will occur on or about November 23, 2013. The Prizewinners will be notified on or about November 30, 2013.
Please read the official rules and regulations below before entering the “Are you Joe?” Contest sponsored by The Grounds Guys LLC, 1010 North University Parks Drive, Waco, Texas, 76707. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and represent and confirm that they satisfy all eligibility requirements outlined in these official rules. The Contest entry period will begin on October 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM EDT and conclude on October 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM EDT. In these rules “The Grounds Guys” “Sponsor” “we” “our” and “us” refers to the Sponsor of the Contest, and “you” “yours” “their” and “theirs” refers to Eligible Entrants of the Contest.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF RULES: By entering the “Are You Joe?” Contest, you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Grounds Guys LLC’s “Are You Joe?” Contest will be composed of one (1) Prize promotion to begin at 12:00 AM EDT on October 1, 2013 and end at 11:59 PM EDT on October 31, 2013.
3. CONTEST VOTING PERIOD: Contest voting will begin November 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM (EDT) and end November 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM (EDT).The final selection of the Grand Prizewinner and the two (2) runner-up Prizewinners will occur on or about November 23, 2013.
4. ENTRY ELIGIBILITY: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contest entries will be considered eligible if submitted by a legal U.S. resident, at least 21 years old at the time of entry who own or are related to the owner of a small business in the United States. Employees (and their immediate families, spouse and parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and household members, whether or not related) of The Grounds Guys LLC, as well as any associated entity or any independently owned and operated franchise related to The Grounds Guys LLC or its six sister companies: Aire Serv LLC, Mr. Rooter LLC, Rainbow International LLC, Mr. Electric LLC, Mr. Appliance LLC, Synergistic International LLC d/b/a Glass Doctor ® and those of any vendor of The Grounds Guys LLC are not eligible to enter or win a Prize. By entering, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates and all of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, injury, damage or losses to any person or property arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize, and (c) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Administrator, which are final and binding. Any entry must include the entrant’s legal name. The Grounds Guys LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry or any entrant for any reason, including for any violation of these Official Rules. The contest is void where prohibited.
5. VOTING ELIGIBILITY: No purchase is necessary to vote. Any person with a valid Facebook® account is eligible to vote.
6. JUDGING: Entrants and their followers will each be allowed to submit one (1) vote per calendar day between November 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM (EDT) and end November 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM (EDT). All accounts/profiles and/or any kind of voting wall is prohibited. At the end of the voting period, the entry with the most votes will move forward. The Grounds Guys LLC has the right to ban any user from the contest at any time.
7. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry. Entry methods are limited to FACEBOOK® or EMAIL. All Facebook® entries must be posted to The Ground Guys®’ Facebook® application. In order to enter via FACEBOOK®, entrants must have a valid Account and meet the standards determined by FACEBOOK®. NOTE: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with FACEBOOK®. Entrants may also submit their entry for consideration via emailing, but must include their full name, name of business, personal phone number, valid email address, and a photo and/ or video of either themselves or their business. All items must be sent to email@example.com. Entrants are providing their information to The Grounds Guys LLC, 1010 N. University Parks Dr., Waco, Texas, 76707, not the social media network.
8. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All entries must include the entrant’s legal name, a valid phone number, valid email address, and a photo and/or video of either the entrant’s likeness or their business. Photos and/or videos will be posted to the Contest’s Facebook® application. 9. PRIZE DRAWING: The top three (3) finalists will be determined by the number of votes that each entry receives. The Grand Prizewinner and the two (2) runner-up Prizewinners will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of The Grounds Guys LLC team members and/or its affiliated companies. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Grounds Guys LLC MAY ELIMINATE ANY FINALIST FOR ANY REASON. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ANY MATTERS RELATING TO THIS CONTEST.
10. PRIZE: One (1) GRAND PRIZEWINNER will be announced on or about November 23, 2013, and receive one (1) gift certificate in the amount of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) redeemable towards a vacation of the Prizewinner’s choice through Allen Samuels House of Travel® in Waco, TX on or about November 30, 2013. The Grand Prizewinner will also receive a 30 minute business consultation from a member of THE DWYER GROUP®.
Two (2) runner-up Prizewinners will each receive one (1) Grounds Guys prize package having nominal value from The Grounds Guys LLC as well as the opportunity to participate in a 30 minute business consultation with a member of THE DWYER GROUP®. No prizes may be exchanged for its cash equivalent. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO VOTE, AND NO PURCHASE WILL INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S ODDS OF WINNING.
The GRAND PRIZEWINNER and the two (2) runner-up Prizewinners will be contacted after the completion of the Contest using the contact information which is required to enter. The name of the Prizewinners can be obtained by contacting The Grounds Guys LLC to the attention of Brianna Bowman at 1020 N. University Parks Dr. Waco, TX 76707. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prizewinner. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of the Prize by the Prizewinners is permitted.
11. PRIZEWINNER CONDITIONS AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Prizes are not transferable. All federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of any prizes are the sole responsibility of each Prizewinner.
12. ODDS/DRAWINGS/PRIZEWINNER NOTIFICATION: Odds of winning any Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The selection and announcement of the Prizewinners will take place on or about November 23, 2013, and the Prizes awarded on or about November 30, 2013. The selection of the GRAND PRIZEWINNER will be determined by Sponsor’s panel of judges whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. All Prizewinners will be notified through one of the points of contact provided with the entrant’s original entry. If the Prizewinners cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, that person may be disqualified, with an alternate Potential Prizewinner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select up to two (2) alternate Potential Prizewinners. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made, the Prize shall not be awarded. Any unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. An alternate Grand Prizewinner will be selected from the remaining Prizewinners and will only be determined in the case of the Grand Prize, but no alternate Prizewinners will be selected in the case of the runner-up Prizewinners.
13. DELETION OF INAPPROPRIATE ENTRIES: The Grounds Guys LLC and its affiliates reserve the right to delete or modify at any time any entry which is, in full or in part, deemed inappropriate for general audiences or is determined to be outside of the scope of the contest by the contest administrator.
14. PUBLICITY: By participating, each entrant further agrees that, except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s full consent to The Grounds Guys LLC and its affiliates to use his/her name, personal and/or business’ likeness and photograph for promotional, publicity and/or trade purposes in any and all media, in any manner, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission. 15. SUBMISSION WAIVER: By submitting an entry through any of the means listed previously, entrants are providing consent for their respective likeness, video content, and photographs, now and hereafter devised, to be used by The Grounds Guys LLC and its affiliates for any promotional purposes and hereby waive any legal rights to their image the use of which will require no further payment or consideration, notification or permission on behalf of The Grounds Guys LLC and its affiliates. 16. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE AND PUBLICITY RELEASE: The Prizewinners may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prizewinner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Grand Prizewinner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
17. PUBLICITY RELEASE TERMS: Except where prohibited by law, a Prizewinner's acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the Prizewinner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, email entry, FACEBOOK® entry or other entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
18. INTEGRITY OF SWEEPSTAKES: If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which the Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Prizewinner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such a manner as the Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
19. LOST OR CORRUPTED ENTRIES: The Sponsor, and it parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sponsor, and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
20. DAMAGED PROPERTY: Sponsor as well as all of its affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damages of any emotional, physical or other nature of damages or losses to any entrant’s or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading or accessing materials from or related to this Contest.
21. SWEEPSTAKES ERRORS: Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(ies) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity(ies) or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
22. PRIZES AND PRIZEWINNERS: Sponsor its affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prizewinner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Contest.
23. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: Each entrant in this Contest, including, without limitation, each Prizewinner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sponsor and its members, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective members, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest. Each entrant in this Contest, by providing its contact information in its entry form, acknowledges and agrees to being contacted by telephone and/or email by a member of THE DWYER GROUP®.
24. GENERAL RELEASE: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
25. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Texas, in the City of Waco.
26. MISCELLANEOUS: FACEBOOK, INC. DOES NOT SPONSOR OR ENDORSE, AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH, THE GROUNDS GUYS LLC, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THIS CONEST. ENTRANT HEREBY RELEASES FACEBOOK, INC. FROM ANY LIABILTY WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM ANY CLAIMS ENTRANT MAY ALLEGE WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST. FACEBOOK® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FACEBOOK, INC.